4 Weapons 1 | Headless Chicken | Integrated Magical Life 2 | Crowmance | Living Thelema, the Book
In this program:
- Intro music: Song of Adoration by Frater Oz
- "The Four Weapons of the True Magician pt. 1" by Fr. IAO131
- Musical Interlude: "Headless Chicken" by The Shirts
- "The Integrated Magical Life pt. 2" by Lon DuQuette
- Musical Interlude: "Crowmance" by George Galvez
- "Living Thelema: The Book" by David Shoemaker
- Announcements & News about the Thelemic Community
- Outro music: Song of Adoration by Frater Oz
"The Four Weapons of the True Magician pt. 1" by Fr. IAO131
Fr. IAO131's website features blog posts, books, and more by Fr. IAO131.
"Headless Chicken" by Oliver Althoen
"The Integrated Magical Life pt. 1" by Lon DuQuette
Part 1 of this talk is available in SS Program 42.
Lon DuQuette has appeared in numerous past episodes of Speech in the Silence, including:
- Lon reads from his introduction to "Best of the Equinox Vol. 2" in program 40
- "Survival: The First and Last Ordeal of Initiation" in program 38
- "Introduction to the Rites of Eleusis" excerpt in program 36
- The Miracle of the Mass, with Constance Duquette: Part 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
- "The Hermits of the O.T.O." in program 25
"Crowmance" by George Galvez
- Visit the website of George Galvez for more information and music.
Living Thelema: The Book
- A new graphic novel entitled Aleister Crowley: Wandering the Waste is now available and features a foreword by Richard Kaczynski.
- Collective777 is a newly formed Art Guild of Ordo Templi Orientis Australia, which aims to raise awareness of esoteric and occult art in all its forms, to further the interests of its members, and to promulgate the Law of Thelema through the creation of artistic work and staging of creative public initiatives. The guild is currently accepting members working across a range of creative practices.. Visit our blog at speechinthesilence.com to get a link to the new website of Collective777.
- The International Headquarters of Ordo Templi Orientis has posted a lengthy announcement concerning a number of new developments, including:
Click here for the full announcement from O.T.O. international HQ.
- news about a major international art exhibition which will include ten original paintings from the Thoth Tarot by Aleister Crowley and Frieda Harris
- information about the newly completed restoration of the Thoth Tarot
- copyright litigation news
- information about several publishing projects that are coming to a head
- a major find in the OTO archives, leading Frater Superior Hymenaeus Beta to announce an important correction to the typescript of Liber AL vel Legis
- In addition to the above announcement, Frater Superior Hymenaeus Beta has published three new essays on the subject of the aforementioned correction to Liber AL vel Legis.
- An exhibit of Aleister Crowley’s paintings is now open in Perth, Western Australia, and will tour the country throughout 2013. A catalog of the exhibit has also been published.
- The 55th International Art Exhibition at the Biennale in Venice, Italy includes nine paintings from Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot. This exhibit is now open and runs through November 24.
- Several new editions of Crowley’s work translated into French and will be available soon. The first of these is Liber ABA, Book 4, also known simply as Magick, which is to be available imminently.
- The ninth biennial U.S. Grand Lodge National O.T.O. Conference (NOTOCON) will take place in Sacramento, California in August, 2013.
- A new book by Dr. David Shoemaker will be released later this year based on his Living Thelema segments on this podcast, and will include additional discussion and resources. The title of the book will be Living Thelema: A Practical Guide to Attainment in Aleister Crowley's System of Magick. Check out the Living Thelema YouTube Channel and tune in to future Speech in the Silence programs for further information about this book.
- The Esoteric Book Conference will be held September 14-15 in Seattle, Washington.
- O.T.O. Japan is pleased to announce "Hadit Rising in the East," an event celebrating 25 years since the first O.T.O. initiation in Japan. This event is open to Minerval initiates of O.T.O. and will take place September 21-22 in Kyoto, the city of temples and Japan's historic capital.
- On the weekend of September 27-29, several O.T.O. initiates, including Speech in the Silence co-producer Joseph Thiebes, will offer lectures at an Esoteric Salon in Salem, Massachusetts, focused on the intertwining topics of Magick and Creative Art. The event is called OCCULT.
- William Blake Lodge in Baltimore, Maryland will host its annual Massapalooza, a jam-packed weekend of Masses, Classes and E.G.C. Training, framed in an environment of fraternal fun. Massapalooza takes place on the weekend of October 11-13
- A Thelemic cruise called "Love Under Will Boat" will take place in January, 2014.
- A new film about Aleister Crowley's friendship with Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa is in production. A new preview of the film is available in Portuguese and can be seen at this link. Tune in to future Speech in the Silence programs to learn more.
If you would like to notify our listeners about an event or publication, or other news pertinent to Thelemites, send the details to us at email@example.com
We encourage all of our listeners to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to support Speech in the Silence
Tune in for Program 44 when the Sun enters Virgo on August 22, 2013 e.v.
Direct download: speech-in-the-silence-043.mp3
-- posted at: 11:16pm PDT